Dental Implants in Houston, TX
Missing a single tooth or multiple teeth can be inconvenient. It affects your normal oral functions and also takes a toll on your self-confidence to smile fully. Although dentures are an easy replacement option, many people find them difficult to use. Fortunately, Perio Health Professionals offer dental implants in Houston, TX, for permanent, long-term results. Dental implants are made of biocompatible materials that integrate with your natural jawbone to provide better support and retention. They resemble your natural teeth and help to restore a confident, attractive smile. If you are looking for durable tooth replacements, contact us at (713) 783-5442 to learn more about dental implants in Houston, Texas.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
Dental implants are considered a gold standard for teeth replacement. However, our specialist in Houston will evaluate certain factors beforehand as they determine the future prognosis of dental implants.
These factors include:
- Oral hygiene maintenance: Proper oral hygiene is necessary for the success of dental implants. If you have caries, plaque deposits, or gum disease, they may interfere with the healing after implant surgery.
- Age: Dental implants are ideal for people over 18 or those with fully-erupted teeth. By this age, your jaws have developed completely, thus providing better support.
- Bone structure: Dental implants need a solid foundation to secure them in place. If you have extensive bone loss, we can correct it with bone grafting.
- Medical factors: Smoking, alcohol intake, uncontrolled diabetes, and certain medical conditions may influence implant success. It is important to address these issues before implant surgery.
Procedure of Dental Implants in Houston, TX
The process of tooth implants in Houston will require more than one dental visit. During your initial assessment, we will perform a thorough clinical examination and take digital radiographs to study your case in detail. The first step of dental implant surgery in Houston, TX, involves the insertion of implant posts in your jawbone. We will administer local anesthesia and drill at the site of missing teeth to place implant posts. These are screw-like devices that resemble the root portion of your teeth. Implant posts are allowed to heal and fuse with your surrounding bone. This process may take 3 to 6 months.
After adequate healing, we will attach the implant posts with abutments and place the dental prosthesis on top (crown, bridge, or denture). Our team will provide post-treatment instructions to clean and maintain dental implants for a long time.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the best alternative to natural teeth as they restore the maximum dental functions and aesthetics. Our high-quality teeth implants in Houston offer the following benefits:
- They provide a permanent replacement for missing teeth.
- Dental implants are highly durable and able to withstand strong chewing forces.
- They enable you to eat all kinds of food normally.
- Dental implants match your natural teeth and restore the beauty of your smile.
- They prevent facial sagging, maintaining a youthful look.
- Dental implants also prevent further bone loss and stimulate healthy bone production.
- It is much easier to clean and maintain dental implants than dentures.
Whether you feel insecure about your smile or want a permanent replacement for missing teeth, schedule an appointment with us via call or email to learn more about dental implants in Houston, TX.