Sedation Dentistry in Houston, TX
If you feel nervous or scared at the prospect of going for a dental visit, you are not alone. According to research, millions of people in the United States have dental phobia, due to which they do not get necessary dental treatments. For this reason, Perio Health Professionals offers sedation dentistry in Houston, TX, to relieve your anxiety and maintain optimum comfort throughout the dental process. Sedation dentistry is safe for both children and adults. So if you are looking forward to having a peaceful oral care experience, call us at (713) 783-5442 to schedule an appointment today!
Candidates for Dental Sedation
People who feel anxious before going to a dentist or having dental treatment can opt for dental sedation. At our clinical practice, we offer sleep dentistry in Houston, TX, for the following reasons:
- Severe dental anxiety: The primary goal of dental sedation is to relieve your anxiety before and during the procedure. It also helps to prevent changes in blood pressure and the risk of fainting.
- Sensitive gag reflex: It isn’t easy to proceed with dental treatment in people with a sensitive gag reflex. Sedation helps to relax the muscles in the back of your mouth.
- Low pain threshold: Certain dental treatments, like dental cleaning, do not require anesthesia. But if you feel pain or discomfort, we can help to manage it with dental sedation.
- Complex treatment: In cases requiring more than one dental procedure, like full mouth rehabilitation, we employ dental sedation to ease the process.
Types of Sedation Dentistry in Houston, TX
For common dental procedures that may cause pain, we use local anesthesia for numbing the treatment site. In the case of dental treatments that cause mild to moderate discomfort, we prefer dental sedation. We may simultaneously utilize local and sedation anesthesia in certain procedures for maximum comfort. Our sedation dentist in Houston offers two types of sedation based on the severity of the treatment:
- Nitrous oxide sedation: also known as laughing gas sedation, is ideal for patients with mild dental anxiety. We administer it by placing a small nasal mask through which nitrous gas flows in a monitored dosage.
- Oral sedation: is suitable for people with moderate dental anxiety. In this case, we will provide oral medication to take before the start of dental treatment to calm your nerves.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
A calm, peaceful dental experience can help to develop a positive mindset regarding dentists and dental treatments. To maintain a stress-free environment, our dentists provide sedation dentistry in Houston, TX, that offers numerous benefits, including:
- Lowers dental anxiety and maintains a relaxed state throughout treatment.
- Makes it easier for the dentist to perform detailed dental procedures.
- Eliminates pain and discomfort during complex treatments.
- Allows to perform multiple dental procedures at once
- Leaves a positive impact on patients regarding dental care, making them feel more confident.
Learn More About Sleep Dentistry in Houston, TX
Our dental practice ensures a relaxed, peaceful environment for our patients so they feel stress-free during dental visits. If you feel stressed or nervous before a treatment, we can help you manage it with sedation dentistry in Houston, TX. To learn more about the process and benefits of dental sedation, call us or reach out via email to schedule a consultation.